Lofty Box Ltd Privacy Notice
- Company details
Lofty Box Ltd, registered with Companies House in England & Wales under company number 13149563 and registered address at 88 Radley House 10 Palmer Road, London, United Kingdom, SW11 4FS
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lofty Box Ltd is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice contains an explanation of what happens to any personal data that you choose to provide to us, or that we collect from you whilst you visit this site. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (together Data Protection Law). We do occasionally update this policy so please do return and review this policy from time to time. For the purposes of Data Protection Law, Lofty Box Ltd is the data controller.
- Information we Collect:
We collect and process certain information relating to you and your use of our Website. This is detailed below:
- We collect and store the information which you give us via forms on our website or apps - such as your name, address, email address, phone number (“contact data”) - or when communicating with us by email, or in some other way.
- We may also collect and store your IP address (“customer behaviour data”) to improve your shopping experience by suggesting suitable products for you, based on previous purchases.
- We collect survey data which can include household makeup, age, gender and food preferences/allergies in order to understand how we are serving different types of customers and what we need to do to improve their experience.
Under the Data Protection Law, we will use the lawful basis of “contractual”, where we use data to fulfil orders. When we use data for marketing reasons, the lawful basis will be “consent”, or “legitimate interest”. If you would like further information, please email@example.com.
When you share your personal data with us in any way, please ensure that the details provided are correct and let us know asap of any changes. This enables us to comply with data protection legislation and make sure we can get in touch with you and deliver your boxes to the right place.
- The information we collect is used in the following way:
- We use “contact data” to provide our services: e.g. send service messages, communicate to you about your account/orders and to fulfil orders.
- We may use your “contact data” to send you marketing emails, our newsletter, emails, with details of our, or third party goods or services which may be of interest to you, including information about special offers or promotions. We do not share your contact with third parties. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in your email, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We retain your data during a period of 36 months after your last order. We do that in order to comply with legal obligations, enforce our terms and conditions, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations and take other actions as permitted by law.
The information that we collect is stored on Shopify, for further information regarding Shopify’s data protection practices, please see their [Privacy Notice]. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will always take all reasonable precautions to make sure that your data remains secure and is handled in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Your data may be transferred, stored and/or processed outside the EEA, however, we will only transfer your data outside of the EEA in compliance with Data Protection Laws and provided appropriate or suitable safeguards are in place to protect your data.
Your payment information is processed by Shopify and PayWhirl Subscription Payments. Please also read their Privacy Notices. We may also allow access to your personal data by other third parties who supply us with a service. Examples include e-commerce platform providers, couriers (to enable delivery of goods), website hosts, content delivery networks and businesses which assist us in undertaking communications or monitoring our website.
We may disclose personal data so far as reasonably necessary if we have reason to believe that it breaches our terms and conditions, or that such steps are necessary to protect us or others, or that a criminal act has been committed, or if there has been a complaint about content posted by you, or if we are required to do so by law or appropriate authority.
You have the right to request a copy of your information, to rectify your information, to opt out from marketing communications and to request the deletion of your information. Below, we describe the processes for making these requests.
Update / rectify your information: You can easily correct/change your details by logging in to your account on our website.
Alternatively, you can contact us at email@example.com
Access your information: You have the right to request personal data that we hold about you, subject to us reserving the right to withhold such data to the extent permitted by law. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Delete your information: You have the right to request to delete the personal data that we hold about you (subject to exceptions required by law). Contact us at email@example.com.